Travel and Transport (University Travel Agent)
The University of Nebraska has an exclusive travel management service agreement with Travel and Transport, Inc.
||4433 S 70th St, Suite 101
Lincoln NE 68516-4275
Our campus speed dial number: 3127
|Internet Reservation System:
The travel management services provided by Travel and Transport include negotiated discounts on different air carriers, hotels and car rentals. The agreement specifies that these services are extended to University employees and their families when traveling in conjunction with University business. The agreement also specifies that these services are extended to University employees for personal travel. This agreement specifies that all commercial air ticketing is to be processed by Travel and Transport and charged to an appropriate SAP Cost Center/WBS Element, however personal travel must be charged to a personal credit card. Travel and Transport guarantees that they will secure and book the lowest published GDS (Global Distribution System) fare, motel, hotel, vehicle, and other ground transportation for all University travel. Travel and Transport will issue electronic tickets (E-tickets) unless the traveler requests a paper ticket.
If you are flying out of the Eppley Airport in Omaha, Nebraska, attached is a customized 20% off parking coupon for Park N Go Airport Parking. The address is 1515 East Fort Street, Omaha, NE 68110 and the telephone number is 402-453-1630. Coupon for Parking at Eppley Airport
Effective September 1, 2010 when traveling on University business, airline tickets purchased directly by the University offer the University traveler the following insurance:
--$500,000 Travel Accident Insurance through UMB
--$300 Lost Baggage Insurance through UMB.
And, if the University "preferred" vendor card through UMB is the pay mechanism for the purchase of the airline ticket,
--$150,000 Flight Insurance through Travel and Transport.
Preparing to Purchase a Ticket
To purchase a ticket and have it paid directly by UNK.
- Contact Travel and Transport
- Identify yourself as a UNK traveler
- Make the reservation
- Provide your Personnel Number (Number on your pay voucher)
- Give the Cost Center or WBS Element to which the ticket price should be charged. The ticket may not be split between two or more cost objects.
When the reservation has been completed, the traveler’s itinerary will be sent to their University e-mail address. The airline ticket will be mailed to the traveler’s University address by Travel and Transport. The airline tickets will be mailed on Friday of each week. If it is a ticket for an incoming traveler, the itinerary will be sent to the person who made the reservation.
Via Internet Reservation System:
The University has access to the web based booking system, Cliqbook, which should be used whenever possible. This system connects directly to the Global Distribution System (GDS) through Travel and Transport and has been customized so that the University traveler may inquire and/or book their ticket. This web site will also allow the University traveler to view or edit their traveler profile. Cliqbook is located at http://portal.tandt.com/unk
When using the reservation website listed above during the planning or pricing of flights which include arrivals or departures from the Kearney airport, you may need to use the "+/- 2 hours" or "+/- 3 hours" options when selecting flight times.
On your first visit to the online booking system,
- Click on the Get Started link.
- Use entire UNK e-mail address for Login ID.
For the first time login: Select “Forgot My Password” link on the Cliqbook page,
Then select the bottom option to have the reset link emailed to you.
If you have already set up your Login ID and password:
- Click on the Get Started link.
- In the Login ID field, type your entire UNK user address.
- In the Password field, type the password you have already established.
- Click on Go.
Create a Profile
To create a personal profile, on the Travel Center homepage, on the grey menu bar at the top of the screen, click Profile. Fields marked required must be completed including entering your date of birth and University personnel number.
- Travelers Details - Name, Address, phone, emergency information, Personnel Number (Number on your pay voucher)
- Credit Cards - Information on cards for business and personal use
- Traveler’s Preferences - Preferred seating, meals, service class, etc
- Frequent Traveler Programs - Frequent flyer and incentive program information
- Assistants and Travel Arrangers - Add, edit, delete those authorized to book on your behalf
- After updating the information, click save.
Internet Reservation System.
Navigation: Cliqbook is located at http://portal.tandt.com/unk
Setting Up an Assistant and Travel Arranger
To be designated as a Travel Planner in Cliqbook, send an email to email@example.com. If you are authorized, being designated as a Travel Planner allows you to plan and book travel and manage profile data for another University employee or guest (Speaker or Candidate).
Arranging Travel for Others
If you are authorized, a Travel Planner can plan and book travel, and manage profile data for others. In order to arrange travel for others, the traveler you want to arrange travel for must have a profile in Cliqbook and be a traveler on your Choose a Traveler List. If the traveler does not have a profile, ask the traveler to create a personal profile (see information under Create a Personal Profile above).
If the Travel Planner wants to create the traveler’s personal profile:
On the home page of Cliqbook (before you log in)
- Click on Create A New Cliqbook User on the left side of the page.
- Log in to Cliqbook
- Complete the required fields including the traveler’s birth date and personnel number.
On the Travel Center homepage, on the grey menu bar at the top of the screen, click Profile. On the Other Settings menu on the left side of the page, click I’m Assisting… Enter the Traveler’s name, click on Can Book Travel and click on Add/Update. You must then log out and log in before this traveler’s name will appear on your Choose a Traveler list.
Click the Flight tab at the left side of the screen. Select the traveler for whom you are planning travel by choosing the traveler's name in the listing at the right side of the screen: You are administering travel for. (See Make a Travel Reservation.)
Make a Travel Reservation
Click the Flight tab at the left side of the screen.
Select one of the following types of flight options:
- Round Trip
- One Way
- Multi Segment
In the Departure and Arrival City fields, enter the cities for your travel. Click in the Departure and Return date fields, and then select the appropriate dates.
Note: When planning or pricing of flights which include arrivals or departures from the Kearney airport, you may need to use the "+/- 2 hours" or "+/- 3 hours" options when selecting flight times.
Buy a Flight
- After you choose your flight, click Select Seat next to the flight.
- Select any green (unoccupied) seat and position the cursor over a seat to see the seat number.
- Click the appropriate seat to select it.
- Click Reserve to select your airfare.
Traveler and technical support:
On the home page, under Assistance you will find contact information.
E-Mail Itinerary: After your airline ticket has been booked with Travel and Transport, copy of the itinerary will be sent to your Lotus Notes e-mail address. The e-Invoice contains full itinerary information and can be used for expense reporting. The e-Invoice will provide all ticket numbers associated with a reservation and include a total invoice amount with all tickets added together. Exchanges will also appear with details on what ticket is being exchanged and the amount of additional collections, penalties, credit amounts, or credit voucher amounts. Itineraries for hotel or car only reservations, which do not contain any air segments, will be e-invoiced but there will not be any invoice amount shown. E-invoices will be sent on all reservations except for those that have multiple forms of payment (i.e. a companion or spouse is traveling). In these instances, a paper invoice will still be sent.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When booking business travel for a University employee, which Trip Payment Option should be used?
--Answer: The Trip Payment Option to be used is “UNK Preferred Vendor Card” (…7848)
2. I need access in Cliqbook to arrange travel for other travelers. How do I request the access to be a Travel Planner?
--Answer: To be designated as a Travel Planner in Cliqbook, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are authorized, being designated as a Travel Planner allows you to plan and book travel and manage profile data for another University employee or guest (Speaker or Candidate)
3. I am a Travel Planner and need to book travel for a University employee not currently on my Choose a Traveler list? How do I add a University employee to my list?
--Answer: On the Travel Center homepage, on the grey menu bar at the top of the screen, click Profile. On the Other Settings menu on the left side of the page, click I’m Assisting… Enter the Traveler’s name, click on Can Book Travel and click on Add/Update. You must then log out and log in before this traveler’s name will appear on your Choose a Traveler list. (NOTE: If the name of the traveler for whom you want to book travel does not appear in the search, the traveler has not established a profile in Cliqbook.)
4. If a traveler has not created a profile in Cliqbook, how does a Travel Planner create a profile for a traveler?
--Answer: On the home page of Cliqbook (before you log in), Click on Create A New Cliqbook User on the left side of the page.
5. When I enter Kearney (EAR) as the Departure City, no flights are available.
--Answer: When planning or pricing of flights which include arrivals or departures from the Kearney airport, you may need to use the "+/- 2 hours" or "+/- 3 hours" options when selecting flight times.
6. What if I do not book my own travel?
--Answer: You can select an assistant or arranger to reserve your travel.
- Click Profile and then click the Assistants link at the top of the page.
- Click Assistant/Arrangers to add the person who you would like to authorize to reserve your travel. This person can now update your profile and also make travel arrangements for you.
7. What happens if I do not comply with University policy?
--Answer: When you do not comply with University policy, Cliqbook notifies you by showing the fare with a yellow or red tab. When you select a yellow or red tab, Cliqbook prompts you to enter an explanation as to why you chose a fare that did not comply with University policy.
8. Even though in the search criteria I designated a specific airport and city to which I am traveling, several additional airports appear in the filter boxes along with the flights from these additional airports. Why does this occur?
--Answer: When the air search page comes back with results, some cities have co-airports (ex. JFK, LaQuardia, Newark). To see all cities, use the filter boxes on the right hand side of the page by checking and un-checking what you wish to view.