Sponsored Programs

Forms and Compliance

Proposal Routing

All proposals for external funds must receive internal approval prior to submission. Proposals without cost-share must have approvals from the investigators, appropriate department chairs, appropriate deans, and the director of sponsored programs. Those proposals with cost-share must also have approval from those in charge of cost share sources and the Vice Chancellors.

  • The Internal Approval Form is available in Microsoft Word here. Complete the approval form and route it with a copy of your proposal.


UNK personnel must disclose potential conflicts of interest when they propose financial relationships involving more than $5,000 with external organizations. This is done by completing a Disclosure of Interest form once a year (if there are no interests to disclose) or with each proposal (if there are interests that need to be disclosed). This form must be updated if there are changes in the employee's situation that would affect any of their responses on the form. Grant Accounts will not be established until the appropriate Disclosure forms have been filed.

Research involving human subjects must be approved by the Institutional Review Board (Link)

Research involving animal subjects must be approved by the IACUC (Link in Word) (Link in PDF)

Post Award

Once your proposal is funded, you must notify OSP so that you can acquire a WBS element.

  • WBS Element form (Link)

If the award requires cost-share, you must also fill out the Cost-Share element form.

  • Cost-Share Element form  (Link)