Public Planetarium Summer Schedule 2014
July 18 and August 15: The Night Sky Sampler
Our version of the tried-and-true planetarium show: a live tour of the current evening sky. Each month, we'll make stops familiar to some, while also taking a look at some neglected, out-of-the-way places as well. The show will begin at 7 p.m. and last approximately 40 minutes (including questions). Before the show, viewers are invited to view the Sun through filtered telescopes from 6 to 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are free and will be handed out at the door on a first come basis (one ticket per person). All shows are free-of-charge, however, we will graciously accept any donation of dry or canned goods for a local food pantry.
- Only children 5 years and older will be admitted to public shows.
- We do not accept reservations for public shows.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the planetarium.
- Cell phones should be off during a show and not used in any way.
- You will not be admitted once a show has started.
- You will not be readmitted if you leave during the show.
We provide free educational shows to school groups and private organizations (minimum of 20 guests) during the Fall and Spring semesters at University of Nebraska at Kearney. Please contact the department office to schedule a show. The phone number is 308.865.8277.