Additional Information for International Students
Important Additional Information for International Students
International students interested in UNK’s MBA program must ALSO meet the following additional requirements for consideration:
- Submit an official sealed credential evaluation of all transcripts or mark sheets from all previously attended colleges and universities. Any approved NACES evaluation firm may be used: www.naces.org/members.htm. Copies of transcript(s) or mark sheets must also be submitted to the Graduate office.
- Have an educational background equivalent to a United States bachelor's degree.
- Note: International applicants with only a single three-year baccalaureate degree may not be eligible to be admitted to the MBA program.
- Submit a completed Financial Affidavit with proof of ability to meet all financial responsibilities while attending the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- International applicants who have not earned their baccalaureate or masters degree from the United State AND are from countries where English is NOT the native language, must show proof of their English proficiency to pursue a graduate degree at UNK. They must submit an official score indicating their English proficiency (TOEFL Internet-based >78; TOEFL paper-based > 549; TOEFL Computer-based > 212; IELTS > 6.5). Score must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the Office of Graduate Studies & Research of the University.
It is strongly recommended that international applicants who have not earned their baccalaureate or masters degree from the United States begin the admission process six months prior to their anticipated enrollment semester to allow enough time for the degree and academic performance evaluation process, admit decision and if admitted, for documents to arrive in time to set visa appointments. This means that international students should have completed the required English language proficiency (and GRE or GMAT, if required) before applying.