To be eligible for the 2014 SSRP, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be a full-time student at UNK in Spring and Fall 2014.
- Students must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Students must not intend to graduate before December 2014
- Students must be able to participate in field trips (late May, 2014); weekly meetings every Wednesday from 9am to 11am 1pm from May 21 through July 30; and the Fall Symposium in October 2014
- Students must be able to commit 20 hours per week in June, July, and August to the conduct of their research and completion of their research paper.
Students are allowed to hold outside jobs and take summer classes, provided they do not interfere with research work or participation in the Wednesday meetings.
Students are paid $3250 ($650 per month May through September).
The first step in the application process is to talk to faculty in your area of interest, and find someone who would be willing to be your mentor. You will need to have an outline of your project and a statement from your mentor to apply. Click here to learn about the role of the mentor.
Once you have agreement from a member of the faculty who is willing to mentor you, work with them to complete this application form. This is due by 4 p.m. on January 31, 2014 to the Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity in Founders Hall, Room 2111.