The Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity will print posters to communicate results of scholarly projects for undergraduate students at no charge. This is for students who are presenting at UNK or external conferences. We will only print one poster per project for free, so students should be very careful to ensure that their posters are in final form before submitting them for printing.
1. We prefer that posters are created in powerpoint. Please contact us in advance if you plan to use another software.
2. Slide margins should be set to 48 inches by 36 inches.
3. Colors should be dark text on light background. Dark backgrounds use too much ink, and are hard to read.
4. If you insert photos or images, it is important to view them at 100% on the computer to ensure that they do not pixelate.
5. When you save the file, click on "tools >save options" and select "embed fonts."
Posters should be emailed to Susan Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org) and MUST be cc'd to the faculty mentor. We will not print posters without approval from the project's mentor. Please send them to us well in advance of your deadline, particularly at busy times such as Student Research Day. We will notify you by email when the poster is available for pick up.
We will also print posters for faculty, but will charge for this service. Please contact John Falconer (email@example.com) for prices.
Students or faculty who need guidance in the development of their poster are welcome to contact us at anytime.