Curriculum Supervisor of Academic Area
Degree: Master of Arts in Education
Program: Curriculum Supervisor of Academic Area
Degree Level: Graduate
Credit Hours: 36 credit hours
Delivery Format: Online
Length of Program: The usual time to complete these hours is 2 ½ to 3 years. Up to six credits received from previous coursework can apply toward the degree for up to 10 years depending on the content or the class.
Prerequisites: Must hold a currently valid endorsement in the academic area selected for this program, with two years of experience as a teacher in the content area.
Foundations (6 hours required)
- EDAD 831 - Social Foundations of Education
- EDAD 890 Introduction to Educational Research (TE 800)
Educational Administration (30 hours required) Take all of the following:
- EDAD 832: Current Issues in Education - 3 hours
- EDAD 833: EDAD Assessment Leadership - 3 hours
- EDAD 848: Curriculum Planning - 3 hours
- EDAD 851: Human Resource Management - 3 hours
- EDAD 854: Introduction to Educational Administration - 3 hours
- EDAD 855: Supervision of Instruction - 3 hours
- EDAD 940: Administrative Theory - 3 hours
- EDAD 956: School/Community Relations - 3 hours
- EDAD 998: Internship - 3 hours
- CSP 800: Advanced Educational Psychology - 3 hours
View class schedule
Course Material Required:
All courses are access through Blackboard and a high-speed Internet connection is required.
Also needed: Microsoft Office suite. Once a student you can order this program package from UNK Technology Store at a discounted student rates.
Books are required in most courses. Most books be ordered through UNK on-campus bookstore, The Antelope Bookstore at or at Amazon, www.amazon.com.
Program Contact: Holly Peterson
Department: Educational Administration
Address: College of Education, Room B114, UNK, Kearney, NE 68849
**Return to the EDADMIN main page**