The Faculty Online Training Seminar will take both the novice and experienced online teacher through the steps of course development, online teaching, and online assessment. The 10-week Seminar will emphasize the development and use of pedagogical tools that facilitate online learning. Face-to-face and online sessions, hands-on learning activities, technology demonstrations, and presentations of online teaching tools will be featured (NEW: Adjunct Faculty may take the training without coming to the face-to-face session).
Registration for Faculty Online Training
The Faculty Online Training Seminar will begin on January 24 and run until April 11. You will be able to access the blackboard materials on January 22. Participants will have readings, two face-to-face sessions; which are schedule for January 24 and April 11 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. in the CMCT Room 216; as well as other coursework that will be done entirely online.
- Develop their online teaching skills
- Learn how to use Blackboard more effectively
- Experience what it is like to be an online learner
- Use principles of instructional design to design/redesign and construct courses using online components or online delivery
- Develop online instructional activities that foster critical thinking and promote student collaboration
- Apply effective online pedagogical methods and tools to distributed teaching
- Apply elements of a quality standards checklist to developing your course