School districts nationally must have vocationally endorsed teachers to apply for Federal Perkins funds for innovation and improvement of a vocational program. A Vocational Diversiﬁed Occupations supplemental endorsement for Nebraska requires 6 credit hours of classroom instruction and 1,000 hours veriﬁed work experience other than teaching. Students pursuing certiﬁcation in other states must check with their State Department of Education for certiﬁcation requirements. Offered at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
BSED 431 - Coordinating Techniques
VOED 432/832P - Foundations and Contemporary Issues in Vocational Education
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is a mid-sized comprehensive public university. UNK is one of four institutions in the University of Nebraska system. In a typical year, UNK draws students from 47 states and 50 foreign countries with a total enrollment approaching 7,200 students.
Affordable - UNK has one of the lowest tuition rates in the country. For tuitions rates, click here.
Accredited Programs - UNK is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Quality Education - UNK offers quality distance degree programs and courses that are offered on the campus. The majority of the instruction taught by credentialed full-time faculty with doctoral degrees who are committed to quality teaching. Students and teaching remain the first priority with faculty at UNK.
Quality Student Support Services - Quality student support services are a hallmark of education at UNK. To help students get started with their online courses, a set of online video tutorials are available as well as the Online Student Orientation. Other services include library services, discounted software and hardware, a writing center, 24/7 technology help desk, online bookstore, and more.
How do I get started?
1) To visit with an adviser, contact Dr. Janet Lear at email@example.com
or call 1-308-865-8482.
2) Apply for admission online at http://myblue.unk.edu
3) If applying for Graduate Admission, submit $45 application fee online or by mail to the Graduate Office at Founders Hall 2131, UNK, Kearney, NE 68849.
4) Send two official transcripts from all past institutions to the Graduate Office.
5) Once you’ve received an acceptance of admission notification, you may register for class by accessing UNK’s MyBlue registration system at http://myblue.unk.edu
6) After you have registered, click on http://www.unk.edu/acad/continuing_ed/students/index.php?id=6214
to get started with your online course.
Dr. Janet LearDepartment:
Economics DepartmentEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone:
West Center, Room 261W, UNK, Kearney, NE 68849