Updates to come in April, 2013
Registration deadline May
The Faculty Online Training Seminar will take both the novice and experienced online teacher through the steps of course development, online teaching, and online assessment. The 8-week Seminar will emphasize the development and use of pedagogical tools that facilitate online learning. Face-to-face and online sessions, hands-on learning activities, technology demonstrations, and presentations of online teaching tools will be featured.
The AFOT is offered online via Blackboard. AFOT will focus on four skills critical to online teaching: planning, communication, evaluation and management skills. Topics will include developing an online course, writing an online syllabus, creating performance-based assessment, planning online activities and resources, initiating and moderating discussion groups and managing a course (time, record-keeping, students). Technology workshops will provide hands-on practice and opportunities to create online course components.
- develop their online teaching skills
- learn how to use Blackboard more effectively
- experience what it is like to be an online learner
- Use principles of instructional design to design/redesign and construct courses using online components or online delivery
- Develop Web-based instructional activities that foster critical thinking and promote student collaboration
- Incorporate effective research-based online pedagogical best practices
- Use blackboard and other technology tools more effectively
- Apply elements of a nationally-recognized quality standards rubric to developing your course