The Faculty Online Training Seminar will take both the novice and experienced online teacher through the steps of course development, online teaching, and online assessment. The 6-week Seminar will emphasize the development and use of pedagogical tools that facilitate online learning. Face-to-face and online sessions, hands-on learning activities, technology demonstrations, and presentations of online teaching tools will be featured (NEW: Adjunct Faculty may take the training without coming to the face-to-face session).
Registration for Faculty Online Training
The Faculty Online Training Seminar will begin on May 08 and run until June 12. You will be able to access the blackboard materials on May 6. Participants will have readings, two face-to-face sessions; which are schedule for May 08 and June 12 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. in the CMCT Room 216; as well as other coursework that will be done entirely online.
- Develop their online teaching skills
- Learn how to use Blackboard more effectively
- Experience what it is like to be an online learner
- Use principles of instructional design to design/redesign and construct courses using online components or online delivery
- Develop online instructional activities that foster critical thinking and promote student collaboration
- Apply effective online pedagogical methods and tools to distributed teaching
- Apply elements of a quality standards checklist to developing your course