About UNK RiteCare Telepractice Clinic
The RiteCare mission is to provide speech therapy services for under-served populations. UNK RiteCare Clinic services are provided via telepractice, over the Internet, to families in their home or community. Eligible individuals may already be receiving speech therapy through their school district, but would benefit from intensive, coordinating services.
Funding through the Scottish Rite Foundation provides speech, language, and swallowing therapy free of cost to eligible families.
The UNK RiteCare Clinic follows the UNK Academic calendar having sessions in January - April, June - July, and September - December.
The clinic is open:
Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 5:00 Central Time
Friday 9:00 - 12:00 Central Time.
Services provided by the UNK RiteCare Clinic are through telepractice. Families utilize a computer or tablet with a camera to participate in speech therapy with a graduate clinician over a secure, encrypted Internet connection. This allows clinicians at the UNK campus to serve individuals in their home or community. Telepractice services are available to individuals of all ages. Parents/caregivers are encouraged to participate with us during therapy as an e-helper. The e-helper role includes helping to facilitate therapeutic activities and collaborating with the treating clinician.
All clinicians are graduate students in training who are supervised by a speech-language pathologist holding state licensure and certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Treating Communication Disorders Associated with:
Telepractice services could reach individuals using their home computer or technology available in their community (library, school, etc.) Technology includes access to:
Please contact Laura Moody, M.S., CCC-SLP to enroll in services through the RiteCare Clinic. An evaluation may be necessary to begin services if one has not previously been completed at another facility.
Phone: (308) 865-8924
1. Your computer will need the most updated version of java. You can go to www.java.com and select "Free Downloads" to determine if you will need to update Java. The website will detect the version of Java on your computer and make recommendations as needed. This is a free service.
2.WebEx is the company who will provide the encrypted Internet connection for your telepractice speech therapy sessions. WebEx recommends using Firefox as your Internet browser. We have also had success using Google Chrome. Use of other Internet browsers has been reported as unreliable.
3. Please "join a test meeting" at the bottom of the following web page to confirm your systems's compatibility.
4. When logging into your telepractice session, we recommend that you have a phone nearby, so you can call the UNK clinic for any trouble shooting that may be needed.
1. Webex is the company who will provide the encrypted Internet connection for our telepractice speech therapy sessions. You will need to download the free Cisco WebEx Meetings app from your tablet's app store.
2. When logging into your telepractice session, we recommend that you have a phone nearby, so you can call the UNK clinic for any trouble shooting that may be needed.
You may print, complete and return any one of the above set of forms to the following address:
University of Nebraska
College of Education
1615 West 24th Street
Kearney, NE 68849
If you have any questions regarding RiteCare Services or completing the forms please call Laura Moody our RiteCare Clinic Coordinator at (308) 865-8924 or the Communication Disorders Department at (308) 865-8300.
Lexington: UNK Reaches out to Rural Nebraska
10-11 News: UNK Teletherapy Reaches Out to Rural Nebraska
Scottish Rite Video: You Tube Video