Dr. Carmen Panaitof
Phone: (308) 865-1572 |
Areas of Interest:
- Physiological bases of biparental care in the burying beetles
- Neural mechanisms of behavior
- Panaitof, S. C. 2006. Physiological bases of parental care in the burying beetles, Nicrophorus orbicollis. Ph. D. Dissertation, University of New Hampshire, Department of Zoology.
- Panaitof, S. C. 2012. A songbird animal model for dissecting the genetic bases of autism spectrum disorder. Disease Markers e-pub.
- Panaitof, S. C., Abrahams, B. S., Dong H., Geschwind, D. H., and White, S. A. 2010. Language-related Cntnap2 gene is differentially expressed in sexually dimorphic song nuclei essential for vocal learning in songbirds. Journal of Comparative Neurology 518: 1995-2018.
- Panaitof, S. C. and Scott, M. P. 2006. Effect of juvenile hormone on vitellogenin gene expression in the fat body of burying beetles, Nicrophorus orbicollis. Archives of Insect Biochemistry and Physiology 63: 82-91.
- Scott, M. P., Panaitof, S. C., and Carleton, K. L. 2005. Quantification of vitellogenin-mRNA during maturation and breeding of a burying beetle. Journal of Insect Physiology 51: 323-331.
- Panaitof, S. C., Scott, M. P., and Borst, D. W. 2004. Plasticity in juvenile hormone in male burying beetles during breeding: physiological consequences of the loss of a mate. Journal of Insect Physiology 50: 715-724.
- Scott, M. P., and Panaitof, S. C. 2004. Social stimuli affect juvenile hormone in biparental burying beetles (Silphidae:Nicrophorus). Hormones and Behavior 45: 159-167.