Submitted Fall, 2003
Review of the Assessment Plan - Faculty review and modification of the assessment plan occurs annually.
Interpretation and Recommendations:
The purpose of this process has been clarified. It is the Department's intent to study program effectiveness by assessing the educational experience and student learning. The Department will continue to refine and create assessment procedures to promote continuous program renewal. Assessment in the past has been used to revise curriculum, create/revise specific courses and to enhance program requirements.
- Practicum - The assessment instrument will be refined to provide more accurate ways to describe the desired educational outcomes of this experience.
- Application for Candidacy and Graduate Assessment - The Global Rating Form was used for both of these assessment procedures. This rubric was found to be ineffective. The form has been completely revised and will be used in the future.
- Internship - The instrument will be reviewed and revised.
- Research - The usefulness of this item will be reviewed.
- Comprehensive Examinations - The instrument used will be reviewed and revised
- National Certification Examination - The usefulness of this item will be reviewed.
- Graduate Follow-up Survey - The survey will be reviewed and revised.
- The Department will select one of the assessment items each year to study in depth. During the Fall Semester 2003, study of the Graduate Follow-up Survey data will extended, expanded reported.