Center for Teaching Excellence and Calvin T. Ryan Library present a showing of:
Using Clickers to Assess and Engage Student Learning
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Library Main Level Computer Lab
From this seminar, you'll:
• Learn what research tells us about the benefits for instructors and learners of using clickers.
• Get tips on designing effective clicker questions that promote more than rote memorization.
• Understand what ties clicker assessment to critical thinking, social interaction, peer instruction and fun.
• Review of effective assessment tools that can be adapted for clickers.
• Apply assessment tools to courses currently taught.