Each senior seminar research paper will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
(5)Superior (4)Very good (3)Good (2)Fair (1)Poor (0)Unable to assess/NA
- ________ Paper demonstrates a working knowledge of past events, people, ideas, and values
- ________Paper includes clear thesis statement appropriate to a history paper
- ________Paper demonstrates ability to analyze and interpret historical texts or events.
- ________ Paper effectively combines background information and evidence to support thesis.
- ________Paper organizes the material into clear chronological narrative with appropriate use of
- ________Paper places research in the context of multiple historical sources.
- ________Paper addresses broadly educated audience using academic prose.
- ________Paper is smoothly written, edited, and proofread.
- ________Paper demonstrates stylistic and ethical conventions of discipline.
- ________Paper demonstrates ability to find and synthesize a variety of primary and secondary
Previous Instrument, Replaced Fall 2007