The goal statements on this assessment rubric represent what a student should be able to demonstrate upon completion of a studio degree program in the department of Art and Art History. This rubric is to be used by each member of the faculty review team to evaluate senior exhibitions and portfolios.
Each student is to be evaluated based on the following criteria:
|Student work exhibits evidence of an understanding of the visual language of art (elements and principles of art and design). (learning objective 4)
This body of work suggests that this student is...
- __________in the application of color theory
- __________in the application of other design elements, e.g. line, shape, texture, mass
- __________in the application of principles of art, e.g. proportion, balance, unity
|This student work exhibits evidence of skills and development in materials handling which is in keeping with this level of a concentrated experience in studio art or graphic design. (learning objective 6)
This body of work suggests that the student possesses...
- __________basic drawing (draftsmanship) skill
- __________skills in 2 dimensional techniques
- __________skills in 3 dimensional techniques
- __________development in materials handling skills
- __________skills in the use of computer technology
|This student work exhibits creative and philosophic content, which implies a basic understanding of art theory and philosophy. (learning objective 1)
This body of work exhibits...
- __________philosophic content (universal themes, references, symbolism, wisdom)
- __________creative conceptual development
- __________creative problem solving
- __________demonstrated development in the above (a, b, c)