Students who graduate with an M.A.Ed. in Modern Languages at UNK will be well-qualified to teach French, German or Spanish , as well as appropriate aspects of the cultures and literatures associated with the chosen language, at all levels in high school or in beginning or intermediate level courses at a junior/community college.
Following the successful completion of the M.A.Ed. Program of the Department of Modern Languages, students will be able:
- to demonstrate a high level of oral and written proficiency in the language chosen,
- to demonstrate a broad knowledge of and appreciation for the unique contributions of one or more of the cultures associated with the said language,
- to display a detailed knowledge of the grammar and/or history of the language,
- to show a knowledge and understanding of at least three areas (periods, topics, etc.) of the literatures associated with the language,
- to provide an example of individual research in one or more of these areas and
- to explain how one learns a second language and some of the ways in which such a language can be taught.