Students graduating with a Master's Degree in History from the University of Nebraska Kearney will demonstrate the historical knowledge, skills, and values appropriate to a graduate level education, including:
- the fundamentals of historical method and discourse
- a broad foundation of historical knowledge in their primary field.
- in depth knowledge of historiography and of recent research in chosen area of specialization.
- critical thinking and analysis through effective communications skills appropriate to the discipline of history.
- an ability to do original historical research based on primary documents.
- an appreciation for the value of original historical research and scholarship.
- an appreciation for professional standards in the discipline of history.