UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
Student Assessment Committee Meeting
Meeting of March 3, 2005
Faculty: Dr. Butler
Students: Megan Boss, Chris Denton, Tom Schlund, Jennifer Bienhoff, and Tanis Saldivar
Absent: Alisha Nabity
Dr. Butler called the meeting to order at 4:00 P.M. in Room 2122 of Founders Hall.
- INTRODUCTION OF MEMBERS
- PURPOSE OF THE STUDENT ASSESSMENT MEETING
- To obtain and disseminate information about the GS Program to the students at UNK.
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
An extended discussion occurred about the GS Program involving students at UNK. Several points were made including: (a) the GS Program seems disconnected and as a list of classes that students must take, (b) the main concern is to educate students about why the GS Program is important, as it is useful in determining a major for students who are undecided, and (c) that this committee intends to help students get information and data about the GS Program.
- A Student Assessment Survey was created and revised following the AACU General Education Survey that will be sent to students in the following week.
- The Student Assessment Committee would like to create focus groups related to the responses received from the surveys.
- NEXT MEETINGS:
- The next Student Assessment Committee Meeting will be March 25, 2005, at 2:00 P.M. in Room 2122 Founders Hall.
- The meeting adjourned at 5:07 P.M.