UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
Student Assessment Committee Meeting
Meeting of April 15, 2005
PRESENT: Students: Alisha Nabity, Tom Schlund, Jennifer Bienhoff, Megan Boss and Tanis Saldivar
ABSENT: Students: Chris Denton
Tanis called the meeting to order at 2:00 P.M. in Room 2122 of Founders Hall.
- OLD BUSINESS
- General Studies Assessment Survey-The survey was sent to all students on Wednesday, April 13, 2005. Results were discussed, and presenting the data at the UNK Assessment Conference was also discussed.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Additional members of the committee will be added in the fall, so that each college has 2 representatives. We also discussed any groups on campus, like international students, or Student Senate, who we might want as part of the committee, Jennifer suggested that we ask for volunteers or nominations for these groups in the fall.
- The UNK (CTE) Assessment Conference was discussed and the possibility of completing a panel discussion covering:
- What is the Student Assessment Committee?
- Data collection for the Student Assessment Committee
- The GS student survey
- Student Assessment Committee activities for next year (focus groups, campus assessment day)
- A possible brochure for the Student Assessment Committee was discussed and suggestions for improvements were made.
- The general consensus was that a poster might be the preferred choice for the Assessment Conference due to time limits and scheduling.
- Members were asked about their interest in volunteering assistance at the UNK Assessment Day.
- NEXT MEETINGS:
- The next Student Assessment Committee Meeting will be in the fall, but we will stay in contact via email until then, and will plan to get together at the Assessment Conference on April 29th.
The meeting adjourned at 2:35 P.M.