UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
Student Assessment Committee Meeting
Meeting of December 6, 2007 Minutes
PRESENT: Students: Heath Dooley, Sara Chu, Annastashia Malcolm, April Becker, Jessy Hansen, and Bethany Hyatt
Faculty: Sarah von Schrader
ABSENT: Students: Tim Davis and Russell Crawford
Bethany called the meeting to order at 9:30 A.M. in Room 2111 of Founders Hall.
- OLD BUSINESS
- The committee discussed the posters that were being created and hung around campus. April Becker identified that some were already up in the Student Union and that others would be put up soon throughout the dorms and other areas. Also Hyatt reported that Jessy Hansen had interviewed with the Antelope Newspaper. The article should be in the current issue.
- Other methods of dissemination were discussed including presenting to student senate. It was decided that the committee would wait until spring semester to attempt to present to student senate. Sara Chu identified that it may be helpful to include something in the student bulletin for those students who life off campus. Sarah von Schrader indicated that she would try to get something into the student bulletin.
- Sarah von Schrader also recommended that the committee think about presenting information from the student involvement survey at the Great Plains Conference March 14.
- NEW BUSINESS
- The committee discussed ideas for a new survey in the spring semester. Hyatt presented three ideas. First based on a survey done by Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis the committee could focus on one of the areas of satisfaction that was measured. Second the committee could create a survey of student learning styles. Finally an assessment of course evaluations and their effectiveness was presented. Heath indicated that he thought that the learning style assessment would be most interesting. Sara Chu indicated that another idea would be to examine stress among students. It was decided that the topic of the next survey would be determined at the next meeting.
- Meeting times for next semester were discussed. Members present indicated that mornings would work better for them. It was determined that the members would send their schedules to Bethany and she would attempt to establish a time that would work for everyone.