This assignment is worth 20 points.
Directions: Students will write a transition plan for a fictitious (or interviewed) student using the format provided in the Nebraska SRS IEP system. The instructor will provide access and a tutorial for this system. Final version should be submitted on a template prepared and distributed by your instructor.
- Your submitted work should follow correct conventions for proper grammar and spelling, and the document should be double-spaced for readability.
- The student for whom your transition plan is written must be in need of transition and related services. This may also be the child/family that you interviewed in Module 2. You will describe the needs of the child with a disability as well as the needs of other family members.
- You will formulate goals as indicated by the needs determined for the individual with a disability. You should have goals and objectives that are necessary to meet the goal. You should also identify who is responsible for taking action.
- A rationale for the use of specific transition and related services must be written at the end of the IEP template. Since this is not usually included in a legal document such as an IEP, the rationale will be listed separately at the end of the IEP.
- You should include a minimum of two outside agencies or resources that can be utilized to help this family based on their needs. If applicable, contact information from the agency should be provided.
General Rules for submitting assignments in this course:
- You must follow the format provided in the IEP template, and saved in Microsoft Word (.doc) or readable in Microsoft Word (e.g., .rtf, or .txt) format. It cannot be submitted as a .docx file, which is from Word 2007.
- This paper should be uploaded properly to your personal group page (located under the button “group pages”) by midnight on the date that it is due.
- Please check to ensure your paper was uploaded correctly. Do not use illegal characters (e.g., # or %) in your saved title as this may prevent the document from being uploaded properly.
- Late assignments will be subject to a penalty of 10% per day up to 50% of the total. Assignments that are more than 5 days late will be accepted at the discretion of the instructor.
- Please be aware that your assignment must be ORIGINAL work (see the UNK policy on academic integrity and plagiarism at http://www.unk.edu/acad/gradstudies/gradcatalog/index.php?id=926 ). Do not attempt to cut/paste any of your work from the internet. If it is determined that your work is plagiarized, you will receive a failing grade.