This assignment is worth 60 points.
Directions: Students will identify an agency in their teaching community that they want to learn more about. Students will interview key members of the agency to identify the services available to individuals or family members of individuals with disabilities and how to access those services. Students will enter how to access these services with descriptive information. (Objectives 2, 10, 20, 27, 29, 31, 32)
- Your submitted work should follow correct conventions for proper grammar and spelling, and the document should be double-spaced for readability. Be sure that the title is centered at the top (bold, size 14 font), and the contact information follows two spaces below the title aligned with the left margin.
- Contact information including key personnel, USPS address, phone numbers, and website address (if applicable) must be listed atop your community resource directory listing. Provide a description of branch offices or parent organizations that are associated with this agency and list that information, if appropriate.
- Your interview with key members of the agency should reflect evidence of a discussion lasting at least 15 minutes. You are to discuss and then summarize key services available to students with disabilities.
- You should identify important factors that would be essential to parents or families wishing to access these services. Please include target populations’ age/grade levels, disability categories, service categories, profit/non-profit, etc.
General Rules for submitting assignments in this course:
- The title of your agency should be centered, in bold print, with 14 font at the top of the page.
- Agency contact information should be listed two spaces below the title – at the left margin.
- The remainder of your paper should be formatted in Times New Roman in size 12 font.
- Your paper should be a minimum of 250 words, created in Microsoft Word (.doc) or readable in Microsoft Word (e.g., .rtf, or .txt) format.
- This paper should be uploaded properly to your personal group page (located under the button “group pages”) by midnight on the date that it is due.
- Please check to ensure your paper was uploaded correctly. Do not use illegal characters (e.g., # or %) in your saved title as this may prevent the document from being uploaded properly.
- Late assignments will be subject to a penalty of 10% per day up to 50% of the total. Assignments that are more than 5 days late will be accepted at the discretion of the instructor.
- Please be aware that your assignment must be ORIGINAL work (see the UNK policy on academic integrity and plagiarism at http://www.unk.edu/acad/gradstudies/gradcatalog/index.php?id=926 ). Do not attempt to cut/paste any of your work from the internet. If it is determined that your work is plagiarized, you will receive a failing grade.