Minutes of the Meeting of the Assessment Committee
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Academic Affairs Conference Room (2147), Founder’s Hall 3:30 p.m.
Present: Jeanne Butler, Karin Covalt, Ron Crocker, Kay Hodge, Bethany Hyatt, Mary Kommers, George Lawson, Tami Moore, Sarah von Schrader and Gloria Vavricka
Absent: Kim Elliott, Greg Anderson, Paul Bishop and Scott Unruh
Guest: Jean Yerian
The meeting was called to order by Director of Assessment, Jeanne Butler, at the above time and place.
- The Assessment Climate survey that was sent out electronically to all faculty was designed to measure faculty involvement in and attitudes toward assessment of student learning at UNK. The Office of Assessment will use this survey data to gain a better understanding of progress at UNK in developing an effective and sustainable assessment program. The results of the survey will be available at the assessment website and will be shared with the NCA focused visit team in April 2008.
Approximately half of the UNK faculty responded to the survey. From their responses it is apparent that more faculty are aware of assessment and are supportive of the assessment process. Many more faculty now see the value of assessment and are participating in their departments in the assessment process.
- Jean Yerian, Virginia Commonwealth University Director of Assessment, presented a Power Point program highlighting Weaveonline, a web-based subscription service that facilitates:
- Centralized data management through easy-to-use web interface.
- Improved productivity by streamlining the planning, assessment and quality improvement processes.
- Effectiveness and efficiency during accreditation, strategic planning, program reviews, and annual reporting.
- Butler thanked the Committee for their commitment to assessment during the 2006-
07 academic year.
There being no further business to come before the Committee, meeting adjourned at 4:20 p.m. The next meeting of the Committee will be Thursday, September 13, at 3:30 p.m. in FNDH Room 2147.