UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
Student Assessment Committee Meeting
Meeting of March 28, 2007
PRESENT: Students: Adam Sevenker, Russell Crawford, Clarissa Owens, Megan Boss, and Bethany Hyatt
Faculty: Sarah Von Schrader
ABSENT: Students: Caitlin Babbitt, Tiffany Sherwood, and Heath Dooley
Bethany called the meeting to order at 4:00 P.M. in Room 2111 of Founders Hall.
- OLD BUSINESS
- The presentations for the Platte Valley Conference were discussed. It was decided that the General Studies survey information would be presented as a poster. Clarissa Owens and Bethany Hyatt stated that they would prepare the poster for this.
- Members were asked to volunteer to help at the Platte Valley Assessment Conference. Members volunteered for times that they were able to work: Clarissa 9 am – 11am; Russell 11am – 1 pm; Megan Registration – 3 pm.
- The committee discussed the present form of the student involvement survey. Members indicated that the survey took about 10 – 15 minutes to complete and that it went quickly. The committee decided to change the format of the survey so that all of the satisfaction and importance questions were similar. It was decided that don’t know would be deleted as an option because students should know how important or satisfied they are with each of the items. Also don’t know would make the results less definite. Other additions, deletions, and corrections were discussed.
- The possibility of using a drawing to motivate students to participate in the survey was discussed. Crawford, Hyatt, and Owens volunteered to look into collecting donations.
- NEW BUSINESS
- The committee discussed a recruitment event for the next meeting. It was decided that our final meeting of the year would be pizza in the park. Members were invited to bring a friend to the meeting. Boss stated that she would create a Facebook event for the meeting and invite people through that.