For these questions: 1 = not at all like me; 7 = very much like me
1. In a heated discussion I sometimes become so absorbed in what I am going to say that I forget to listen to what others are saying.
2. I carefully examine the reasoning behind the opinions of those with whom I disagree.
3. I strive to be aware of my biases and am careful not to let them affect my important decisions.
4. Final solutions to complex problems tend to come to me quickly, without a lot of thinking.
5. When I make a request of someone at work, I tend to explain why it is important.
6. People can share sensitive information with me and be confident that I will not share it with someone else.
7. If I were prescribed a newly marketed medication, I would ask my doctor about the research on it.
8. I am willing to change my beliefs in light of facts and scientific evidence.