UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
Student Assessment Committee Meeting
Meeting of November 20, 2006
PRESENT: Students: Adam Sevenker, Tiffany Sherwood, Clarissa Owens, Russell Crawford and Bethany Hyatt
ABSENT: Students: Tom Schlund, Megan Boss, and Caitlin Babbitt
Faculty: Sarah Von Schrader
Bethany called the meeting to order at 4:00 P.M. in Room 2111 of Founders Hall.
- OLD BUSINESS
- New members present were introduced.
- The committee discussed the pros and cons of two proposed projects for the spring. The first was focused on the financial resources of students and the other was focused on student activities. It was decided that doing a survey related to activities students are involved in could address the main focus of the financial resource project as well with a couple of questions. The committee will think about how they want to pursue this idea and further develop it at the next meeting.
- The committee then began discussion on the General studies survey. It was discussed that the survey would close November 21 and that it was up to 601 completed responses. The number of responses was compared to the previous administration. Hyatt stated that the response rates were similar with only a few less this time.
- Presentations will be made at the Platte Valley Assessment conference in April on the Academic Advising Survey and the General Studies survey. Tiffany and Clarissa volunteered to present the results of the General Studies Survey. Bethany will be presenting the results of the Academic Advising Survey.
- Ideas for potential new members were again discussed. The colleges of Business and Technology and Fine Arts and Humanities are the focus of recruitment efforts at this time.
B. NEW BUSINESS
- No new business was discussed.