UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
Student Assessment Committee Meeting
Meeting of October 23, 2006
PRESENT: Students: Adam Sevenker, Tiffany Sherwood, Megan Boss, and Bethany Hyatt
Faculty: Sarah Von Schrader
ABSENT: Students: Tom Schlund
Bethany called the meeting to order at 4:00 P.M. in Room 2111 of Founders Hall.
- OLD BUSINESS
- The committee discussed the potential of participating in the community service research proposed at the last meeting. Megan Boss stated that she spoke to Martin Demoret and that he was interested in pursuing this project in the Spring as the committee proposed.
- The committee reviewed the results from the academic advising survey and the article for the assessment newsletter related to the results.
- Bethany Hyatt updated the committee on the proposal to present these results at the Higher Learning Commission. The proposal was submitted and she is waiting for a reply.
- NEW BUSINESS
- The committee discussed recruitment ideas. Some names were presented as potential members and will be contacted by the chair. Also the committee chair will be presenting at the Psychology Club in November and at the Gamma Phi Sorority about the committee.
- The committee reviewed the previous General studies student survey and began to make changes. Daren Snider, the current General Studies Director attended and made suggestions for revisions as well. Bethany stated that she would make discussed revisions and any others that seemed relevant and would send the survey out to the committee for review. All committee comments would be considered if received by Friday October 27, 2006.