UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
Student Assessment Committee Meeting
Meeting of September 25, 2006
PRESENT: Students: Adam Sevenker, Tom Schlund, Megan Boss, and Bethany Hyatt
Faculty: Jeanne Butler and Sarah Von Schrader
ABSENT: Students: Tiffany Sherwood
Bethany called the meeting to order at 4:00 P.M. in Room 2111 of Founders Hall.
- Introduction to Student Assessment Committee
- Discussed the mission of the Student Assessment Committee and previous projects.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Martin Demoret proposed that we get involved in some community service and service learning research that he is currently working on. The possibility of working on this was discussed and we decided to get more information and possibly pursue this later this year.
- The committee discussed the possibility of re-administering the General Studies Student Survey to collect follow-up data. It was decided that this would be a good place for us to start this year and that we would work on revisions at the next meeting.
- Bethany Hyatt informed the committee of the Platte Valley Assessment Conference April 20, 2007. Members were encouraged to mark this date so that they would be able to help with the conference and possibly present.
- The possibility of presenting the Academic Advising Survey Results and the General Studies Survey Results at the Higher Learning Commission Annual Conference April 20-24, 2007 in Chicago was discussed. Tom Schlund and Bethany Hyatt decided that they would work together to prepare a proposal for this conference as well as for the Platte Valley Assessment Conference.
- Hyatt stated that she would finish compiling the results from the Academic Advising Survey and get them to the members of the committee before the next meeting.
- Hyatt will also be presenting information about the Student Assessment Committee to the Student Senate to attempt to recruit new members at their October 3, 2006 meeting.