Meeting of the Assessment Committee
Thursday, December 8, 2005
Academic Affairs Conference Room (2122), Founder’s Hall 3:30 p.m.
Present: Bishop, Blauwkamp, Butler, Crocker, Cutler, Elliott, Fronczak, Hodge, Hoehner, Jackowiak, Moore, Powell, Skinner, Unruh, Vavricka, Wheeler, Wilke
The meeting was called to order by Glen Powell, committee chair.
- Powell gave a brief update on the status of assessment reports that have been turned in, bringing the total to 91%. Powell was pleased with the progress, especially compared to last year when he had only received 82% by the end of first semester, and he recognized Butler for her work in keeping track of incoming reports.
- Powell recognized Cutler for her work this semester in taking a database course on campus and continuing to develop online assessment tools.
- At 3:45 the committee broke into subcommittees for a working session.
- The Governance subcommittee reviewed the most recent revisions to the strategic plan and will plan to present it to the whole committee at the next meeting.
- The Reports subcommittee reviewed the rubric that will be used to evaluate reports as well as the online form that will be used for report submission.
Kim Elliott, Scribe
Glen Powell, Chair