Minutes of the Meeting of the Deans Council
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 – 9:00 a.m.
Warner Conference Room
PRESENT: Charlie Bicak, William Jurma, Kenya Taylor, Janet Wilke, Ed Scantling, Bob Rycek, Tim Burkink
ABSENT: Gail Zeller
- Approval of Minutes for May 19, 2009: Charlie asked if there were additions or corrections to the minutes. There being none, Bob motioned and Kenya seconded approval of the minutes as presented. All present voted in favor of approval.
- Board of Regents Update: Charlie reported Tim was approved as the new Dean of Business and Technology, Diane Longo received the KUDOS award, the Board approved the budget and the 4% increase in tuition for each campus.
- Budget: Charlie discussed he would have more information regarding carry forward after the Cabinet meeting. He also thanked the Deans for sending forward the salary worksheets with increases and let them know he had sent them on to budget.
- UNK/NU Capital Campaign: Charlie provided a handout regarding the various topics for discussion at the Capital Campaign meeting scheduled for sometime in the next two weeks.
- Capital Renewal Requests: Charlie discussed several of the projects up for approval through the Capital Renewal process.
- Enrollment Update: Charlie discussed the enrollment handout he had received from Kim Schipporeit.
- Faculty Evaluation Process: Discussion was held on developing department level guidelines for the newly revised Rank and Tenure Guidelines. The College of Education was waiting for the new guidelines to be approved before they started. Charlie suggested they spend some time on this during the retreat. Ed also asked to discuss advising.
- Retreat Topics: Charlie asked the Deans to let him know about any other retreat topics they would like to discuss.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the Deans will be on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 9 a.m., Warner Conference Room