Minutes of the Meeting of the Deans Council
Tuesday, November 4, 2008 – 9 a.m.
Warner Conference Room
PRESENT: Finnie Murray, William Jurma, Janet Wilke, Ed Scantling, Bob Rycek, Gail Zeller, Tim Burkink
ABSENT: Kenya Taylor
- SIS Update: Finnie reported the Provost had determined how to distribute the back-fill money for training expenses. Each campus will get $80,000 and UNK and the state colleges will get an extra $5,000 for travel. Discussion was held regarding the campus facing the realities of key people being away from campus while they are being trained and how vital it is to remain understanding and patient while we proceed with this process.
- Rowe Sanctuary Discovery Station: Finnie reported he had scheduled a meeting to start brainstorming among potential UNK stakeholders regarding partnering with the Rowe Sanctuary for Wednesday, November 5, 2008.
- Upcoming Budget Issues: Finnie discussed planning for the next round of budget cuts.
- Ed discussed the Enrollment Management Council and reported on the intense two day meeting with Dan Garcia from Noel Levitz.
- Finnie reported the revised Rank & Tenure documents have been submitted to the Chancellor. They cannot be enforced until they have been incorporated into the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, therefore please use the old guidelines through the 2009 academic year.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the Deans will be on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 9 a.m., Warner Conference Room.