Minutes of the Meeting of the Deans Council
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 – 9 a.m.
Warner Conference Room
PRESENT: Finnie Murray, William Jurma, Kenya Taylor, Janet Wilke, Ed Scantling, Frank Harrold, Bruce Forster, Peter Longo
GUESTS: Julie Klahn, Associate Director of Health Care
- Julie Klahn RE presentation of Pandemic Flu DVD: Julie Klahn, Associate Director of Health Care, showed the Pandemic Flu DVD and answered questions following the presentation.
- Academic Affairs Flu Plan: Frank reported he had heard from the Council of Chairs regarding the draft Academic Flu Plan. He discussed that several of them agreed we should not call the courses complete at less than four weeks due to the fact that some classes feed from information from the previous class (for example Calculus 1 to Calculus 2). Discussion was held. Frank said he will check with Rick Miller regarding Faculty Senate’s approval of the Flu Plan.
- Governor’s directives RE budgets & implications for UNK: Bruce discussed questions he has regarding the Governor’s plan and the implications for UNK. Finnie stated he wouldn’t know anything more until the Chancellor’s Cabinet Meeting this afternoon.
- Updates on the NCA site visit: Kenya reported the self study for NCA will be ready to go out by the end of the week, which is on target. She also reported the course evaluations which occur for on-line courses are happening and will be emailed. Discussion was held on the transcript process.
- Issues related to Community Colleges: Finnie discussed partnering with community colleges in the near future. Discussion was held.
- Announcements: Finnie reported on updates from the SIS Steering Committee.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the Deans will be on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 9 a.m. in the Warner Conference Room.