Minutes of the Meeting of the Deans Council
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 – 9 a.m.
Warner Conference Room
PRESENT: Finnie Murray, William Jurma, Kenya Taylor, Janet Wilke, Ed Scantling, Frank Harrold, Bruce Forster, Peter Longo
GUESTS: Jeanne Butler
- Jeanne Butler RE NCA Self-Study Report: Jeanne Butler reported she should have the NCA Self-Study out either later today or sometime tomorrow. She had hoped to have it for the meeting today but found a few things that needed changing. The revised, final version of the self-study has to be to the review team and to NCA 8 weeks before the April 28th date (March 3rd). Jeanne reported they should have the materials to the team and to NCA on or before February 29th. After the NCA team has had a chance to review the documents they will let us know who they want to meet with when they come in April. Jeanne also distributed a tentative list of groups and individuals NCA may want to talk with while they are here.
- Visit of Shandong University Staff: The Deans discussed the upcoming Visit of the Shandong University staff.
- Recruitment of under-represented minorities and women tenure-track faculty permanent administrators in Academic Affairs policy: Ed had questions regarding the above named policy. Finnie explained the history of the policy and also suggested Ed check with Cheryl Bressington as she does the reporting for the Diversity area.
- Discussion of Budget for this Biennium: Finnie discussed a handout he received from the Chancellor’s Cabinet meeting titled Distribution of FY08 Budget. Discussion was held on possible ideas to help make the best decisions for cutting programs. Finnie has been asked to bring ideas to the Chancellor’s Cabinet meeting by March 1. Finnie asked Tami to schedule Deans Council Meetings for each week from now until notified and to also schedule a meeting of his Directors.
- SIS Steering Committee Report: Finnie reported the RFP (request for proposal) is entering the final stages. The RFP has basically been written by the core team which Kim Schipporeit and Kathy Livingston are a part of. Discussion was also had on one-time only and on-going costs.
- Announcements: Finnie announced that Peter will be stepping down as Interim Dean of Student Life effective July 1, 2008 or as soon as we can complete the search. He also discussed he is in the process of reclassifying this position.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the Deans will be on Monday, February 4, 2008 at 9 a.m. in the Warner Conference Room.