Minutes of the Meeting of the Deans Council
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 – 9 a.m.
Warner Conference Room
PRESENT: Finnie Murray, Lois Flagstad, Bruce Forster, Frank Harrold, William Jurma, Ed Scantling, Kenya Taylor, Janet Wilke
- Internship Coordinators and Compensation: Frank asked how other Deans handle compensation and release time for internship coordinators, and the matter was discussed.
- PoE Report critique: Finnie distributed and discussed the 2007 Programs of Excellence report. He asked the Deans to pay close attention to the information highlighted in yellow as those were the areas he has questions about or needs further information.
- Announcements and Budget: Finnie discussed his trip to the Netherlands, which provided UNK – uniquely among American universities – for exchange of honors students, and the Czech Republic at Palacky University in Olomouc where UNK has a long-standing study abroad program, with Jerry Fox and Gary Davis. Finnie also discussed the NeNER Conference held in Wayne, Nebraska, March 22-23, 2007.
- Student Life Updates: Lois reported the construction on the new residence halls is going great with all the good weather we’ve had, and also bids for the new residence hall furniture have gone out. She reported that she had also been invited to Lithuania to help expand the Counseling Center. Jim Fleming and Max and Theresa McFarland are also going to teach classes. Lois also discussed there was some controversy with the Student Body election.
- Pandemic Flu Updates: Frank reported they will distribute flu plans from other institutions for examples. It was requested that Barbara Johnson come in and share ideas regarding the Pandemic Flu Plan.
- Approval of Minutes: The minutes of the March 6 were not ready for approval at this time.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the Deans will be on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 9 a.m. in the Warner Conference Room.