Minutes of the Meeting of the Deans Council
November 21, 2006 – 9 a.m.
Warner Conference Room
PRESENT: Finnie Murray, Bruce Forster, Frank Harrold, William Jurma, Ed Scantling, Kenya Taylor, Janet Wilke and Mary Sommers
- UNK Advisory Council on Teacher Education: Ed discussed and distributed a draft handout titled “The UNK Advisory Council on Teacher Education”. Discussion was also had on who should chair the council.
- UNK Courses made available to High School Students: Kenya stated that progress was not moving forward as much as she would have liked. Discussion was held. Ed stated that he had contacted Kearney High and Kearney Catholic regarding brochures and they still hadn't received them.
- University-wide Deans Meeting Follow-up: Bruce asked if there had been any follow-up information shared regarding the University-wide Deans meeting, specifically the results of the interviews conducted by Grenzebach-Glier? Discussion was held.
- Summer Salaries paid by e/Campus: Kenya distributed handouts titled "Summer School Salaries paid by e-Campus" and "Fees for people developing new Distance Education Courses". A brief discussion was held.
- Pandemic Flu Updates: Frank reported that the Teaching Continuity Committee should have the second draft of the report ready by the first part of next year. One recommendation the committee is making is that the University work with Twin Rivers Health Department to make presentations to the Administrative Council, Council of Chairs and Faculty Senate regarding actual facts related to the Bird Flu.
Other items: Finnie shared highlights from his recent recruitment trip to the Bahamas with Jerry Fox and Jim Rundstrum.
Finnie also discussed the recent visit to the Peter Kiewit Institute with Jon Abegglen.
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the Deans will be on Tuesday, December 5, 2006 at 9:00 a.m. in the Warner Conference Room.