Assessment Mission and Goals
The Office of Assessment at UNK works together with members of the university community to promote effective assessment of student learning. We view assessment as a dynamic, formative, and faculty-driven process with the purpose of understanding and optimizing student learning. At UNK, we strive to be a national leader in assessment by promoting innovate and best practices in assessment.
- Provide resources and expertise to assist in the measurement of student learning outcomes at the university, college, and department/program level.
- Enhance faculty and staff knowledge and proficiency in the use of assessment, promoting best practices in assessment.
- Promote continuous systematic assessment and utilization of data.
- Maintain a public reporting system of student learning outcomes as a way to be accountable to stakeholders.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and disseminate university-wide assessments related to student learning. Seeking out from the campus what assessment information will be most useful.
- Support and conduct special research projects related to student learning assessment.
- Help the UNK community be recognized for innovative assessment processes by promoting faculty and staff presentations and publications on assessment.
- Recognize and celebrate innovative and successful assessment practice.