A. O. Thomas Hall
2404 11th Avenue Kearney, NE 68849
The A.O. Thomas Building, built in 1926, housed a K-12 school to assist with the teachers college until 1964. The structure was designed to be part of a larger building but the additional wings were never completed. The building is named in honor of the first president of the college, Augustus O. Thomas. Appointed in 1905, Thomas led the institution until 1913. In 1982, a $902,000 expansion/renovation added a third more space to the building. It now houses the departments of English, Modern Languages, and Philosophy.