William E. Bruner Hall of Science
1207 West 25th Street Kearney, NE 68849
Built in 1966, the original Bruner Hall of Science footprint was 84,900 gross square feet, but in 1987 a 15,320 GSF Lecture Hall added three additional levels. In 2004 deferred maintenance renovations upgraded building systems at a cost of $6.4 million. In 2009 a $14 million renovation addressed the upgrade of 47,000 GSF, the razing of Mary Morse Lecture Hall and the construction of a 17,800 GSF new addition. The renovation upgraded and enhanced teaching and research labs and support spaces within the existing building. The addition features a new planetarium and offices for the Health Science Programs, classrooms and student lounge space. Other departments occupying the building are Biology, Chemistry and Physics.