1410 West 26th Street Kearney, NE 68849
Built in 1961, Cushing Coliseum was named in honor of Herbert L. Cushing, former president of KSTC. Becoming the fourth president in school history, Cushing’s tenure spanned from 1936 to 1961. His presidency was the longest in school history. After his tenure as president, he retired in 1961 shortly before the dedication of Cushing Coliseum in 1962. Over the years, this facility has undergone extensive renovation. The renovated building houses classrooms, offices, laboratories, locker facilities, an indoor running track, racquetball, tennis, basketball and volleyball courts, weight area and swimming pool. These facilities service recreation and intramural programs in addition to space for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure Studies programs as well as intercollegiate athletic teams.